Diploma of Counselling
Diploma of Counselling
As a counselor you’ll be able to help people understand why they feel the way they feel, and change their lives for the better. What could be more deeply rewarding?
The course is nationally accredited and professionally-recognised. Our course gives you the practical experience via workplace assessments that you need to succeed in this field.
This qualification reflects the role of counsellors who work with clients on personal and psychological issues using established counselling modalities. They use communication, micro-counselling and interviewing skills and draw on varied counselling therapies to assist clients.
At this level, the counsellor will be working in defined and supported counselling roles in established agencies rather than in independent practices.
There are 17 units in this qualification:
- CHCCCS019 – Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- CHCCSL001 – Establish and confirm the counselling relationship
- CHCCSL002 – Apply specialist interpersonal and counselling interview skills
- CHCCSL003 – Facilitate the counselling relationship and process
- CHCCSL004 – Research and apply personality and development theories
- CHCCSL005 – Apply learning theories in counselling
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRP003 – Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCCCS014 – Provide brief interventions
- CHCCSL006 – Select and use counselling therapies
- CHCCSL007 – Support counselling clients in decision-making processes
- CHCCSM005 – Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 – Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCCCS018 – Provide suicide bereavement support
- CHCCCS017 – Provide loss and greif support
- CHCMHS001 – Work with people with mental health issues
We recommend during and after studying their CHC51015 – Diploma of Counselling course online and in Brisbane that students join the Professional Counsellors Association of Australia (ProfCAA) for access to professional development, networking, insurance and supervision.
Support and Delivery
You will have access to an industry-leading LMS to study from, which is compatible with any device and can be accessed 24/7
Access our online community hub to ask like-minded people those burning questions, or even to form a study group.
You have access to our industry teachers, who can guide and nurture your throughout your course
We tailor your support needs and connect you with the right people as and when needed
What do I get with my studies?
We will provide everything that you need to be successful in your course. This may include:
- Prescribed textbook
- Student email address and access to Microsoft Office
- Access to our online LMS
- 1-on-1 support from a trainer and assessor
- Access to online forums and instant messaging
- and much more.