Diploma of Work Health and Safety (WHS)
Diploma of Work Health and Safety
A Diploma of Work Health and Safety (WHS BSB51319) gives you the skills to work in the health and safety management field across multiple industries. This WHS course qualifies you to coordinate, maintain and implement safety policy, and emergency procedures. At a diploma level, you can also oversee the day-to-day safety management including workplace incident prevention and reporting.
WHS Officers and Managers are currently in high demand
A nationally recognised Work Health & Safety diploma gives you the edge in job interviews across multiple industries. Work Health & Safety (also known as Workplace Health & Safety and Occupational Health and Safety) officers are in high demand. WHS is a key part of staff training, human resource management, and risk and compliance management. In Australia, it is covered by stringent workplace laws and WHS training is mandatory in many industries. As a qualified WH&S course graduate, you’ll reduce your employer’s legal risk and may even reduce corporate insurance premiums.
Got existing WHS skills?
RPL fast-tracks your WHS course
Get recognition for your developed skills and working knowledge to fast-track your coursework – and save on course fees! With recognition of prior learning (RPL) we’re authorised by the Australian government to recognise your equivalent competencies as credit towards core units and electives.
If your RPL assessment is successful, you will only need to complete the units where you have gaps in your knowledge. Whether you’re interested in a career in workplace safety, need to do WHS training at work, or you’re an international student seeking nationally recognised Australian WHS qualifications, your previous experience and study can be counted towards subject credits. RPL saves you time and money, getting you to work faster!
Study WHS BSB51319 online
or in person
Skills Recognition International is a fully certified RTO delivering the BSB51319 WHS course via a comprehensive and fully supported online learning platform. This course can also be undertaken through in-person coursework at home or at work.
As a certified RTO, we can provide your team with WHS training in the workplace. Why settle for a safety training course when we can aid your staff to become qualified in WHS quickly and affordably?
A Diploma in WHS empowers individuals to coordinate, implement and maintain the work health and safety (WHS) program in an organisation. The BSB51319 WHS qualification also applies to supervisors and managers overseeing the day-to-day management of health and safety in the workplace. Gain a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a broad variety of WHS contexts.
Support and Delivery
Study Anywhere, Any Time
Get 24/7 access to industry-leading online course modules. Learn at your pace in your space.
- Interactive activities to help cement new knowledge.
- Multi-media formats to help you learn the way you learn best.
- Full support from “real humans” when you need it.
Develop Your Peer Network
Access our online community hub to develop contacts, form study groups and get peer to peer support.
- Build a network of peers for future opportunities.
- Choose your level of social interaction with your peers.
- Ask questions in a judgement-free, supportive environment.
Learn From The Best
Our trainers aren’t just ‘college professors,’ they’re working industry professionals. They bring current, practical working knowledge of this rapid moving industry.
- Graduate with confidence that your knowledge is current and actionable.
- Learn ‘hands on’ skills that make you invaluable in your workplace.
- Go beyond the theory and get real world examples to cement your learning.
Your student outcomes are our RTO outcomes. Our goals align. So when you’re ready to leap into your new career, we’re here to help you make the leap.
- Access a dedicated team of career advisors and make the right career move.
- Get the right advice and connections for your specific needs.
- Get insight into, or connection with government agencies, funding bodies, migration assistance or university pathways.
- Tap our network of professionals working in the industry right now.
All-inclusive Fees, No Hidden Costs
We work hard to minimise your investment in your chosen course. There are zero hidden fees and all course materials are included.
- Learning materials and textbooks.
- Recognition of Prior Learning assessment and application.
- Microsoft Suite access (no new platforms to learn, no fees to pay).
- Access to all online course materials.
- 1-on-1 support from a trainer and assessor.
- Forum and instant messenger support.
- Dedicated student support officers to ensure your time studying is enjoyable and simple.